Thursday, February 20, 2014

Time for Tea!


What is it about pretty cakes, delicate china and soft linen that makes us swoon?  It is the feeling of a bygone era where  time did stand still when you took tea...  Where conversations and gossip where shared …. where the delicate art of sipping tea out of an antique cup was sublime.


We are all so busy and this tradition of afternoon tea sounds the perfect antidote for all of us!  I made these cupcakes on Monday afternoon before I picked Georgiana up from school.  I had worked all day and I just felt like baking something …. these cakes are a Donna Hay recipe  … it took in all 40mins including cooking and I was so glad I did it… Homemade cupcakes for afternoon tea and it was perfect … with Georgie's hectic school and dance schedule Monday is the one afternoon where she and I can sit and take time for tea …..


The beauty of these cakes are that they freeze and refrigerate beautifully … I did a vanilla cream and jam filling and dusted with icing sugar ….


I just wanted to quickly show you the new upholstery on my Georgian chairs … love them!


more cupcakes 



The beautiful Countess of Downton Abbey … currently watching Season 4 and loving it!!! Now those Edwardians new how to take tea!


Exquisite …..


Marie Antoinette took tea regularly and the Emperor of China was known to send her tea!


I am on a journey out west tomorrow to see a lovely country client and help her with the Homestead …. I am so excited as we are currently also doing the townhouse which is coming along nicely ….. time stands still in the country I am told … I certainly hope so!  I think I should pack my riding boots as well and try and resurrect my riding skills!  Have a wonderful Friday and don't forget to smile!


 photo signature-29_zps152a2019.png

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Frances, a beautiful post, makes me want to go up to the Ritz in London and have high tea! Such beautiful crockery and delicious cakes. It seems you enjoyed it all! Can't wait for Downton Abbey to return to our screens in Autumn (a long way off and I'm not wishing the time to pass as we need some sun down here!) Have a great week! Sharon xx

La Petite Plume said...

Bonjour your Majesty!!! It's been way too long and I just had to pop in at my fav. blog!! I am IN LOVE with your latest post. The Georgian chair is EXQUISITE!! And of course I am gaga over all of the PINK treats:) I had to recreate a new blog as my previous one was hacked:( Please pop over and visit and feel free to grab my NEW button:)
http://lapetiteplumedesigns.blogspot.com/

I am looking forward to more delicious posts from our reining Queen... you!

Pink wishes,
Daisy
La Petite Plume

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails